2 men plead guilty to 2022 armed robbery at B.C. car dealership – CBC.ca

2 minutes, 3 seconds Read

Two men have pleaded guilty following an extensive RCMP investigation into an armed robbery in which gunfire was exchanged with police at a Port Coquitlam, B.C., car dealership in 2022. 

According to the B.C. Prosecution Service (BCPS), Kwabena Bosiako and Omar Demetris pleaded guilty on March 7 to several counts of robbery and possession of a firearm. 

Bosiako has additionally been charged with use of a firearm during flight, dangerous operation of a vehicle and failure to comply with a release order, the BCPS said. 

Coquitlam RCMP said the two men were arrested after fleeing in a stolen vehicle that crashed on Highway 1 following a police chase during rush hour on Nov. 22, 2022. 

Const. Alexa Hodgins said two other suspects remain at large.

“We’re still looking for information regarding the outstanding suspects, but we are pleased to provide the update that these two did plead guilty to a variety of offences,” she said. 

Hodgins did not have any more information to identify the other suspects. 

WATCH | Scenes from Coquitlam following the 2022 armed robbery: 

Shots ring out during Coquitlam police chase

1 year ago

Duration 1:15

Police say ‘crime spree’ ensued after four suspects stole vehicle from dealership

RCMP say in 2022, four armed suspects stole a vehicle at the Journey Approved car dealership near Lougheed Highway and Dominion Avenue, after exchanging gunfire with officers. 

The suspects fled in the stolen vehicle and subsequently crashed on Highway 1 near the King Edward Street overpass in neighbouring Coquitlam. 

Police arrested Bosiako and Demetris after an attempted carjacking nearby, but they were unable to locate two other masked suspects. 

At a news conference in 2022, police said several members of the public had been injured during the robbery and chase. 

While they did not specify how many were injured, they said no one had been shot at or received any life-threatening injuries. 

Hodgins says given the events that took place, RCMP had a complex investigation over the past year-and-a-half to charge Bosiako and Demetris. 

“[We had] evidence collected from various locations as it was a quite dynamic scene that not only happened at the car dealership, but then continued on into neighbouring jurisdictions,” she said. 

Court records show that Bosiako, born in 2000, has been the subject of a range of criminal cases from 2022 to 2024. Demetris, also born in 2000, has no previous criminal history. 

Both men remain in custody. The BCPS says they are expected to make their next court appearance at provincial court in Port Coquitlam on May 29 for a continuation of their sentencing. 

This post was originally published on this site

Similar Posts

0
    0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop
    ×